Volunteer Position Description
The volunteer program at Pleasant Plains Animal Hospital offers a unique opportunity for a look inside the day to day activities of a veterinary hospital. Pleasant Plains Animal Hospital is open 7 days a week and currently has four veterinarians on staff.
Candidates approved for this position are able to witness and learn about a myriad of aspects of veterinary medicine. These include, but are not limited to:
● Examinations and diagnostics
● Dental radiographs, extractions and cleanings
● Laboratory testing
● Stem cell treatments
● Daily care of hospitalized patients
Volunteers will be assigned to a kennel technician on staff when they are at the hospital. They will help them perform their daily duties around the hospital.
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
● Feeding and caring for both hospitalized and boarding patients
● Keeping veterinary technicians informed of animal behavior or concerns during their stay
● Clean, fold and stocking laundry throughout the clinic
● Overall daily cleaning and stocking throughout the clinic
Volunteers approved for the position will be scheduled for two four hour shifts per week. Each volunteer program runs for three months, this can be extended depending on the program availability and candidate. Candidates must be at least 16 years old to apply, and candidates under 17 years of age must have working papers to apply. We look forward to having you!