Pet Health Information from Your Staten Island Animal Hospital
As a Staten Island New York Animal Hospital, Pleasant Plains Animal Hospital holds the belief that in order to give your pet the best health we can, we have to do much more than just treat the symptoms when they pop up. Each animal doctor Staten Island that works in our hospital believes that preventative wellness exams are necessary for telling us about your pet’s well-being and health. When we are doing these exams, we are able to track the changes in the health of your pet and often we can find problems that may become serious. We also are able to assess the health status of your pet and give you guidance on common condition prevention, like ensuring that your pet gets her or his vaccinations annually.
This section of our website offers health information to pet owners and knowledge that applies to your pet at each stage of life–from newborn to senior:
- When bringing home that new puppy or kitten–Find general information about veterinary care during the first year of your puppy or kitten’s life
- For our more mature pet patients–Learn about the different health needs of adult dogs and cat
- Explore what is different about senior pet care –Learn what to look for as your pet ages
- To learn more about pet vaccinations–We offer descriptions of pet diseases and how we create a unique vaccination schedule to meet your adult pet’s special needs
- Learn how to protect your pet from the damaging effects of parasites–Information on flea and tick prevention and how to protect your pet from heartworm disease.